Quantcast

Battery size and placement for CG on RocHobby Waco and FMS Piper J3

Battery size and placement for CG on RocHobby Waco and FMS Piper J3

Bill
Anyone with experience in getting the right CG on the Waco and Piper?

Re: Battery size and placement for CG on RocHobby Waco and FMS Piper J3

Loneflier
Hi Bill,

I don't have the Waco, but I set the Cub up just like the manual showed, and added 0.5 oz of lead to the cowl. That, with a 2200mAH 3 cell battery pushed all the way forward in the battery compartment works out just right for me, and the plane flies great with no issues.  Hope that helps!

Re: Battery size and placement for CG on RocHobby Waco and FMS Piper J3

Andy_L
Anyone with the Waco know if the 3s 2400 Admiral battery will fit without having to hog out foam? Specs show it as about an inch longer than the 2200

thanks

Re: Battery size and placement for CG on RocHobby Waco and FMS Piper J3

Bill
The 2200 3S (103 mm length) is a pretty tight fit for the Waco. It has to be wedged in the compartment back to front, if you want it far forward . So, the 133 mm long 2400 3S might take some cutout, not sure.

Re: Battery size and placement for CG on RocHobby Waco and FMS Piper J3

Andy_L
Ok thanks Bill....I guess I will wait for 2200's to be back in stock